May 17, 2016

Pesa establishes locomotive leasing business

Written by 
  • Print
  • Email
Pesa establishes locomotive leasing business Pesa

POLISH rolling stock manufacturer Pesa signed an agreement with the Polish Development Fund (PFR) on May 16 to establish a locomotive leasing unit.

Under the deal, which was signed at Pesa's Bydgoszcz plant, Pesa will hold a 51% stake in Rail Capital Partners (RCP), while the state-owned PFR will hold the remaining 49%.

RCP will be capitalised with Zlotys 200m ($US 52m) from the two partners between 2016 and 2020, with Pesa providing a new fleet of Gama Marathon locomotives.

Get the latest rail news

IRJ Rail Brief newsletter covers global railway news