Europe

RUSSIAN Railways (RZD) has completed the acquisition of 75% of the shares freight logistics operator Gefco from PSA Peugeot Citroën for €800m. PSA Peugeot Citroën will retain its remaining 25%…
A SEVERE shortage of rolling stock has led to widespread replacement of train services with buses by Slaskie Railway (KS) which only started its new concession in the Polish province…
BRITAIN's Department for Transport (DfT) has approved the acquisition by train operating company Southern of 116 emu cars with an option for another 140 vehicles. Southern will now invite bids…
SIEMENS handed over two 5.2MW Vectron 3kV dc electric locomotives to DB Schenker Rail Poland at a ceremony at the Polish Railway Institute on December 20.
TRANSPORT Scotland is to hold briefing sessions in Glasgow and London next month for companies interested in bidding for the new ScotRail and Caledonian Sleeper franchises, which are due to…
POLISH infrastructure manager PKP PLK has awarded a consortium of Bombardier (ZWUS) Poland, Thales Poland, and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) a Zlotys 470m ($US 153m) contract for the country's first…
SPAIN's Minister for Public Works and Transport has unveiled the first details of the country's plan to extend standard-gauge track from Barcelona to Valencia and the southeast along the Mediterranean…
BRITAIN's infrastructure manager Network Rail has placed signalling contracts valued at £34.75m with Signalling Solutions, the British joint venture of Alstom and Balfour Beatty.
DANISH State Railways (DSB) and AnsaldoBreda have agreed a final delivery schedule for the troubled IC2 and IC4 inter-city dmu fleets, which were ordered as long ago as 2000 and…
GREATER Braunschweig Regional Rail Vehicles (RGB), a company set up in spring 2012 to procure trains for use on the rail network in the Braunschweig area, has placed a €100m…
451
Page 451 of 504

Get the latest rail news

IRJ Rail Brief newsletter covers global railway news