The projects which will be funded from NRC's 2014 budget cover several areas:
- procurement of tools, equipment and materials for emergency repairs and maintenance of tracks
- emergency repair and maintenance of track, bridges and culverts
- renovation or upgrading of stations and other buildings, together with associated facilities.
- facilities management
- provision of project management consultancy services
- training and development of human resources
- procurement of 1067mm-gauge and standard-gauge locomotives, coaches, wagons, railway inspection vehicles and cranes
- rehabilitation of 1067mm-gauge locomotives, coaches, wagons, railway inspection vehicles and cranes
- procurement of rolling stock consumables and spare parts, and
- procurement or rehabilitation and installation of equipment for mechanical/electrical, signalling and telecoms, security, ICT facilities.
For the latest information on railway tenders and requests for proposals around the world visit Global Rail Tenders.