The tender calls for 30 150-seat and 20 200-seat low-floor trains designed to operate on lines electrified at 25kV 50Hz as well under battery power. MAV-Start intends to purchase the 20 200-seat trains first.
Bids will be evaluated according to the following quality criteria with a maximum weighting of 1200 points:
- general warranty period 24-36 months - weighting: 50
- traction battery warranty period 120-144 months - weighting: 50
- large battery range 80-120km at 100km/h - weighting: 50
- low floor (≤750 mm) passenger compartment ratio 40-75% - weighting: 50
- synchronous operation insurance with 415-series traction motor trains - weighting: 25
- maximum capacity on a 200-seat EMU 200-220 seats - weighting: 25, and
- maximum capacity on a 150-seat EMU 150-165 seats - weighting: 25
The deadline for submission of bids is June 22. The framework contract is expected to run for nine years.
To receive global rail tenders, subscribe to IRJ Pro. This article has been updated.