VVO is seeking assistance in the decision-making process for the acquisition of battery and fuel-cell-powered trains and to help it prepare for the introduction of the trains. The consultant will need to consider the technical, operational, economic, environmental and procurement law aspects of the project, and develop a contract award strategy and operating plan for the new trains.
VVO plans to introduce hybrid trains on the following lines:
- RB 33 Dresden - Königsbrück
- RB 34 Dresden - Radeberg - Kamenz
- RB 71 Pirna - Neustadt (Sachs) - Sebnitz
- RB 72 Heidenau - Altenberg
- RE 19 Dresden - Heidenau - Altenberg
- RE 2 Dresden - Bischofswerda - Zittau, and
- RB 61 Dresden - Bischofswerda - Zittau.
The deadline for the receipt of bids is May 24, and the binding offer must remain valid until June 30. VVO wants to start work on the project as soon as possible. The contract will run until the end of 2021, but if all the work packages have not been completed by then, VVO reserves the right to extend the contract by six months on the same terms.
To see the full tender, click here.