PKP Cargo will pay €27m for Minezit’s 15,000 shares, making it the sole shareholder in the Ostrava-based company.

In 2014 PKP Cargo acquired an 80% stake in AWT for €103.2m, with an option to purchase the remaining 20% at a later date.

AWT operates a fleet of around 160 locomotives and more than 5000 wagons.