Manager, Signaling and Train Control Improvement
MANAGER, SIGNALING AND TRAIN CONTROL IMPROVEMENT
$103,102 - $128,878 per annum
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO and the Union Pearson Express. Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
Our USRC, Signalling and Train Control Improvement Program is seeking two (2) Managers, Signalling and Train Control Improvement to provide comprehensive engineering and project management services associated with the delivery of the Signaling and Train Control Improvement Program. The incumbent(s) will be responsible for contract and schedule management, design acceptance, project quality, project financial accountability, project deliverables and technical input to program communications and stakeholder relations during all stages of the design/build projects.
• Manage the efficient delivery of signaling and train control capital deliverables through project activities, including preliminary design, detailed design, preparation of contract documents, construction, contract management, and testing and commissioning activities.
• Participate in the development of design proposals, evaluate and recommend RFP/RFQ submissions. Manage In-Market activities, including Contractor Requests for Information and review submittals during project design phase, managing their acceptance.
• Deliver and implement projects from initial conception through commissioning and transfer to Operations within scope, on budget and on schedule in accordance with good project management and construction practices, in compliance with Metrolinx and industry design standards and applicable municipal, provincial and federal codes.
• Review and monitor objectives related to engineering, design standards/design review, technical specifications, technical and operational requirements, document control, budget and work breakdown structures, project schedules, resource prioritization, and staffing requirements associated with the project.
• Manage contractors' construction plans and schedules are complete, workable and in accordance with contract documents. Oversee contractor' compliance to all contract provisions, including monitoring the contractor's safety, quality, environmental compliance, requirements management, cost and schedule performance.
• Communicate effectively with Rail Services, Railway Corridors, agencies, utility companies, etc. in defining requirements, developing project implementation plans and ensuring compliance for signaling and train control capital improvements. Ensure proper ongoing communication and consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage value engineering, risk assessment, life cycle costing, earned value and constructability reviews.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
File Number: 14-184
• University Degree in a related discipline (Engineering), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and PMP certification is strongly desired.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in capital project management and implementation, including at least five (5) years of experience managing large, complex, multi-year transit projects in an operational environment, preferably for signaling and train control systems and related works. Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications is essential.
• Extensive experience in providing advice relating to contract management of large and complex design/build contracts.
• Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent analytical ability, oral/written communication skills, and negotiation skills including the ability to deal with internal/external Program team members.
• Must be decisive and have the ability to make sound decisions in the course of daily work.
• Must have a valid Ontario "G" Driver's License.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page (http://www.metrolinx.com/en/aboutus/careers/current_opportunities.aspx) on our website, no later than May 4, 2014.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
97 Front Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5J1E6
97, rue Front Quest
Toronto (Ontario) M5J 1E6
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER