The order will bring the total number of trains supplied to Junskalusto Oy to 41. The company is owned by the cities of Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, and Vantaa, which have 65% of the shares, and VR Group owns the remaining 35%.
More Flirts destined for Helsinki
FINNISH rolling stock company Junskalusto Oy has exercised an option under a contract originally awarded to Stadler in 2006 for nine new Flirt trains worth Euros 54m. The trains will be introduced on a line being built to serve Helsinki Airport which is due to open in 2014.