The commercial terms of the agreement have still not been fully defined, but the partners will each hold a 50% stake in the alliance. The document has been sent to the Mobility Agency and the Piedmont region for approval.

The SFM network comprises eight lines, which are used by 350 services a day, connecting Turin with surrounding towns including Asti, Chivasso, Fossano, Bra, Alba, Pinerolo, Valle di Susa, Valli di Lanzo and Canavese.

GTT and Arriva Italy Rail subsidiary Sadem have already been working together for six years in the Turin area through the Extra consortium. The two companies hold a 68% in the consortium, with the City of Turin holding the remaining 32% stake.