The 19-stop light rail transit system will run along Hurontario Street from Port Credit in Mississauga to Gateway Terminal in south Brampton, operating on a separated guideway with segregated right-of-way along most of the corridor.
Members of the Mobilinx team include:
- Applicant lead: John Laing, Astaldi, Hitachi, Transdev, Amico Concessions, Salini Impregilo
- Construction: Astaldi, Hitachi, Amico, Bot, Salini Impregilo
- Design: IBI Group, Hitachi, Morrison Hershfield, Arcadis, Daoust Lestage
- Operation, maintenance and rehabilitation: Transdev, Hitachi, Astaldi, Salini Impregilo
- Financial advisor: National Bank, HSBC
Three shortlisted bidders were invited to submit proposals in August 2017. Two teams - Mobilinx and Trillium Transit Partners - went on to submit bids.
The line is due to open in 2022.
For detailed data on light rail projects around the world, subscribe to IRJ Pro.