Eastern Saxony Network 2 comprises semi-fast Regional Express (RE) and stopping Regional Bahn (RB) services on five routes, which currently operate under the Trilex brand. These comprise:
• Dresden - Bautzen - Görlitz RE and RB services
• Görlitz - Bischofswerda RE services
• Dresden - Zittau - Liberec RE services
• Dresden - Ebersbach - Zittau RE services, and
• Liberec (Czech Republic) - Zittau - Seifhennersdorf RB services (from December 2020).
DB will operate the network using 32 refurbished class 642 Desiro Classic DMUs with train crew transferring from Länderbahn, a condition of the tender.