Unveiling Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality's 2016 budget to the city council, Topbaş confirmed that half of the municipality's Lira 16.1bn ($US 5.6bn) allocation for investment next year will be assigned to transport.
Construction is due to begin next year on the following lines:
- Göztepe Ataşehir Ümraniye metro (13km)
- Çekmeköy - Sultanbeyli metro (10.9km)
- Çekmeköy - Taşdelen - Yenidoğan metro (5.7km)
- Kaynarca - Tuzla metro (7.8km)
- Pendik - Kaynarca metro (3.2km)
- Bağcilar - Halkali metro (9.7km)
- Başakşehir - Kayaşehir metro (6.7km)
- Mahmutbey - Bahçeşehir metro (16.8km)
- Yenikapi- Sefaköy (14km), and
- Eminönü - Alibeyköy tram (10km)
Topbaş also told the council that contracts have been signed for the 13.3km Ataköy - Ikitelli line and the 14.3km Dudullu - Bostanci line and construction will start on both projects next week.