The projects include:
- Ganzhou - Shenzhen high-speed line (432km, Yuan 60.8bn)
- Beijing - Tangshan high-speed line (148.7km, Yuan 44.9bn)
- Mudanjiang - Jiamusi high-speed line (375km, Yuan 36.8bn)
- Zhangjiajie - Jishou - Huaihua high-speed line (246.6km, Yuan 35.5bn), and
- Shenmu North (Hongliulin) - Fengjiachun (84.4km, Yuan 8.64bn).
Last month the NDRC gave the go-ahead to two new railways in western China representing a total investment of Yuan 79.5bn, and also approved eight new metro lines in Urumqi, Xiamen and Baotou during September and October.