\r\nThe line includes a new 8km dual-bore tunnel and serves five new stations at Kivist\u00f6, Aviapolis, Airport, Leinel\u00e4 and Vehkala, using two services which operate in opposite directions on the ring line: I, which runs from Helsinki city centre via Pasila to Tikkurila and the airport and was used by 42,000 passengers on the first day of operations; and P, which runs from Helsinki city centre via Huopalah to the airport and via Tikkurila back to Helsinki, and was used by 38,000.\r\nHowever, passengers face a wait to use the new Helsinki Airport station which is set to open on July 10 once the western entrance from Tietotie is completed. Once operational I services will offer a 27-minute Helsinki - Helsinki Airport journey time, and P services 32 minutes, with a 10-minute interval service available to the airport at peak times. A journey time of eight minutes is possible from the airport to Tikkurila, which is set to become an important transfer point for long-distance passengers travelling to and from the airport with passenger numbers at the station expected to triple.\r\nCurrently a free shuttle bus is operating from Aviapolis station to the airport, which is operating at five minute intervals with a journey time of five minutes. Another direct entrance to the terminal from the station will open this autumn.\r\nConstruction on the project began in 2009 and cost an estimated \u20ac773.8m. Funding was provided by the Finnish Transport Agency, the City of Vantaa and Finavia, as well as the European Union's through its TEN-T programme.\r\nVR is operating services on the line using a fleet of nine 120km\/h Sm5 Stadler Flirt EMUs ordered by Junskalusto Oy in a \u20ac54m deal signed in 2011. Junskalusto Oy is owned by the cities of Helsinki, Espoo, Kauniainen, and Vantaa, which have 65% of the shares, and VR Group which owns the remaining 35%.