The total value of the trains is Zlotys 1.16bn, while the 15-year maintenance contract is worth Zlotys 464m.
The trains will be assembled in Poland and are due to be delivered by October 2015. According to PKP Intercity, they will be deployed on four routes:
- Warsaw – Bydgoszcz
- Olsztyn - Warsaw - Krakow
- Gdynia – Warsaw – Katowice
- Szczecin – Poznan – Krakow
The order will be part-funded by the European Union through the Operational Programme for Infrastructure and Environment.
On August 23 PKP Intercity launched a second tender for 20 emus, which will be used on the following routes:
- Jelenia Góra - Wroclaw - Lodz - Warsaw - Bialystok/Lublin
- Bialystok/Lublin - Warsaw - Katowice - Bielsko Biala