\r\nThe contract was initially awarded in January. However, one of the losing bidders, Thales Romania, contested the ruling both at the Bucharest Court of Appeal and the National Council for Solving Complaints. The Bucharest Court of Appeal rejected the complaint in July.\r\nThe project is part of upgrades to the Brasov - Simeria section of the European Corridor IV, which will increase line speeds to 160km\/h. The contract covers a period of 40 months with a warranty period of two years. The European Union is providing 85% of the funding for the project, with the state contributing the remaining 15%.