THE European Investment Bank has agreed to provide Tampere with a €150m loan to finance the first phase of the Finnish city’s light rail network.
THE Finnish City of Tampere has signed an agreement with Pöyry, YIT and VR Track to implement the city’s €238.8m light rail project, with the Finnish government funding 70% of the infrastructure cost.
COUNCILLORS in the Finnish city of Tampere voted by a majority of 41-25 on November 7 to approve construction of the city’s first light rail line.
TAMPERE City Council decided on October 3 to select Škoda Transportation subsidiary Transtech as preferred bidder for a contract to supply and maintain low-floor LRVs for the Finnish city’s first light rail line.
THE Finnish government has agreed to fund 70% of a €250m project to build a 23km light rail line in Tampere, leaving the city to fund the remaining 30%.