Projects which provide improved reliability on key corridors or in urban areas, key freight routes, and measures which will enhance the performance of the overall network have been prioritised for early delivery.
Examples of projects brought forward include:
- Preparation and procurement for track renewals on the Boden - Bastuträsk line, which will be carried out next year
- Tranck renewals between Gothenburg and Alingsås
- Reinforcement of tunnels in the Stockholm area
- Signalling works at stations on the Southern and Western Main Lines, and
- Preparation and procurement for track renewals on the Tillberga – Ransta, which will be implemented in 2016.
Trafikverket will be allocated SKr 1.2bn per year for rail infrastructure maintenance between 2016 and 2018.