IRJ: Worldwide readership with guaranteed circulation
For all sales enquiries, contact your sales representative.
International Railway Journal is the global monthly magazine for rail industry professionals. Covering all aspects of the world's railways, 90.5% of IRJ's readership of rail professionals actively requests it every year: with our impartial coverage, expert editorial team, and high-value readership, no other magazine comes close.
IRJ Media Kit
IRJ 2022 Media Kit
A popular and highly-effective way to promote brand awareness, new products and generate new sales leads.
The new IRJ website offers an excellent platform to drive new clients to your website. Choose from a range of positions and sizes to suit your needs. IRJ also offers a comprehensive links service to advertisers through the Online Directory page of the print and online editions. There is also an opportunity to promote your iPhone, iPad and Android apps through our App directory. Ask your local salesperson for details.
Tenders and expressions of interest
Advertise your tenders and expressions of interest in IRJ to reach the best companies to complete your project. Our attractive advertising packages allow you to combine our printed issue with the online and web editions.
An increasingly-popular method of promoting products and services is via our "sponsored article" service. IRJ produces an article to your specification on your chosen topic. Sponsored articles have already been produced for Kapsch, Pandrol, MAV Trakcio, and OTN to name a few.
IRJ has produced many high-quality, high-impact corporate supplements. Take advantage of our expertise and let our highly-skilled editors and production staff undertake the work to produce a superior document for your promotional needs. Previous customers include the railway associations in Switzerland, France and Britain.
Want more job applicants? Advertise in IRJ and reach the top rail executives around the world. Take advantage of our attractive advertising packages available which combine our print issue with the online and web versions of IRJ.
Loose and bound-in inserts
Do you have promotional material our readers would be interested in? IRJ can accommodate both loose and bound-in inserts. Loose inserts can be allocated by job function or country.
IRJ's online edition is fully interactive, combining the feel of a print magazine with the interactivity of the internet. It can be quickly searched and archived for later use and has enhanced editorial and advertising content that promote greater reader interactivity and generate more benefits to the advertiser.
Online edition opportunities:
- Sponsorship - Sponsor an issue of IRJ online. You will be the first advertiser to be seen in that issue.
- Video - Show your products in action.
- Audio - Let our readers hear your products.
- Belly-bands - An interactive belly-band takes the reader straight to your advertisement and it never gets lost.
- Inserts - Enhance your display advertisement with a product brochure (size limitations apply).
- Plus - Please contact your local sales office for more ideas on how to promote your products online.
We can supply high-resolution PDF files of articles from IRJ enabling you to reprint the article as many times as you wish for a single charge. We can include your company's advertisement or logo and additional copy.
For tailor-made packages including our online edition please contact our sales office.
For more information contact:
Classified Advertising Sales
Phone: +1 917-856-1808
e-mail: Frank Rose
The news destination website for the world's railway industry
IRJ now offers far greater content than ever before, with up-to-the minute news, in-depth analysis and thought-provoking features, plus regular blogs written by our experienced editorial team and leading figures from the railway industry to provide a website rich in content.
News is streamed into channels relevant to the railway industry:
Up-to-the-minute: News, Financial, Policy
Passenger: High-speed, Main Line, Commuter Rail, Metros, Light Rail
Freight: main line and heavy-haul
Fleet: Locomotives and Rolling Stock
Infrastructure: Track, Signalling, Telecoms, Fare Collection
Technology: the latest technical innovations
Regions: North America, Central/South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Australia/New Zealand
Channels make the website easy to use, taking the reader straight to the content that is relevant to them. All content is tagged for easy access through our powerful search function.
The new website also offers a wealth of useful information such as upcoming conferences and exhibitions, links to the key players in the industry, and information about IRJ products and services. Everything you need to know about the railway industry and IRJ is here.
Reach railway professionals who visit the IRJ website daily to read the latest international railway news. High-visibility banner positions are integrated into the website alongside the news stories in each channel to ensure maximum exposure for advertisers.
Become the exclusive sponsor of one of our channels and align your message with highly-relevant editorial content. Sponsorship opportunities are available, on a first-come first-served based, for each channel and can be purchased for a minimum of three months.
Run-of-site rotating banners
One of four banner units can also be purchased as an attractive package deal. The banner units rotate throughout the website including the home page.
To book space on the new IRJ website, contact your IRJ sales representative.
Specifications for IRJ website banners
Each channel has four banner units in two sizes: 728 x 90 and 300 x 250.
Advertisements may be in the following formats: JPEG, GIF, or Flash (Flash format advertisement must be a .FLA in order for the tracking code to be input. Flash files are not accepted in .SWF format. If submitting a .FLA file, any unusual fonts must also be included together with a backup animated GIF for websites that are not Flash-enabled).
We accept third-party coding which must be encoded in a compressed ZIP file. Please include detailed instructions on where to put "click macro" coding and cache-busting coding within your tags.
All advertisement files must be under 45 KB.
Advertisers must also include the URL (website address) the advertisement should link to.
International Railway Journal is printed offset, saddle-stiched, and trimmed to 210 mm x 290 mm.
Advertising copy requirements
Please list fonts used and EPS files supplied with document. If not supplying fonts, please convert to outline.
PDFs and Acrobat files MUST be made using IRJ's Distiller Settings. Please email Sue Morant for details.
Please ensure that:
- all graphics used have been supplied
- all graphics have been converted to CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yelo, Black, not Red, Green, Blue), and
- all photographs have been scanned at high resolution (minimum 300 dpi)
Please list any compression software that has been used.
Proof and contact details
Please state the following:
- Advertiser's Name
- Agency Name
- Name of person sending copy
- Edition of IRJ the ad is for
- Contact phone number
- Contact fax number
- Contact email address
Sending digital copy
Digital advertising copy can be sent by:
Email: Sue Morant (maximum file size limited to 10mB - please use a file share site if possible)
IRJ cannot accept responsibility for poor reproduction of advertisements unless the above requirements are met (including the supply of a colour proof).
Other fraction-page sizes on request.
Frequency discount rates
We will be pleased to offer any production assistance required, including typesetting. Exhibition/Conference flashes or minor text changes to existing advertisements will be done free of charge.
Send all advertising material to: Production Department, International Railway Journal, 46 Killigrew Street Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3PP, UK Tel: +44 1326 313945
E-mail: Sue Morant If shipping via courier or airmail, please mark: NCV (No Commercial Value).
General and contract regulations
- Publisher's Protective Clause: All advertising must be germane to the railway field. Publisher reserves the right to edit or reject copy. The advertiser agrees to indemnify the publisher and hold harmless from any and all demands, claims or suits arising out of the publication of any advertising accepted and from any and all loss, cost, damage or expenses, including attorney's fees, sustained by the publisher in connection with any such demand, claim or suit. No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on a space order or copy instruction which conflict with the publisher's policies will be binding on the publisher. Two or more independent advertisers are not permitted to use space under the same contract. Individual members of an association cannot bulk their company space with that of an association to earn a bulk rate for themselves. Publisher reserves the right to hold advertiser and/or its advertising agency jointly and severally liable for such monies as are due and payable to the publisher.
- Surcharges and Rebates: The publisher reserves the right to surcharge advertisers who terminate an advertising series booking prior to its completion. Advertisers will be rebated if they contract to additional insertions after their initial contract rate agreement.
- Publishing and Closing Dates: International Railway Journal is published in the first week of each month. Advertising space booking closing date is the first week of the preceding month, with new material due with the Production Department in Falmouth, UK, one week later.
- Cancellation Period: 4 weeks prior to closing date.
IRJ. The industry's leading news source, in print and online
To advertise in International Railway Journal, contact your sales representative.
For editorial enquiries, contact Kevin Smith, Editor-in-Chief, on +44 1326 313945