Tunnelling on the initial section of the 34.3km Line 1 is due to be completed by April and commissioning is scheduled for next year, with delivery of the train fleet due to begin later this year. A 147.7km network with 98 stations is ultimately envisaged.

Midas Holdings holds a 32.5% equity stake in NPRT, which was established in 2006 to supply metro trains to Chinese cities. The remaining 67.5% stake is held by CRRC Corporation.